Wednesday, February 1, 2006

State of the Union: Behind the Grins

Here's what I heard Shrub's grins saying...
- After speaking about world democracy, "Well hell, ain't that nice that them foreigners are clapping!"
- After saying we'll fight for our freedom, "Oh shit, where's the Secret Service? I think that foreigner's lookin' at me funny. Maybe I'll just duck; Cheney's behind me."
- After saying some crap about this war being a vital mission, "Wait, the Democrats are standing. What did I just say?"
- After talking about "nucular" weapons, "[blank stare....]"
- After talking about wire tapping, etc, Hillary gives him the cheshire cat look thinking, "You stupid idiot. Thank God you've only got 2 1/2 more years." Shrub grins back, "Na Na Na Boo Boo...I'm the president and you're not!"
- After saying he'll make proposals to cut the deficit in 1/2 by 2009, "They actually buy that crap. HA!"
- After saying that his dad's 2 favorite people are himself & Bill Clinton, Hillary grins, "Good. He can have you both."
- After talking about health care, "Blah, Blah, Blah...How much longer is this speech??? This is boring."
- And finally, after saying that human life is a gift from our creator and it should never be discarded or devalued, "Damn, I hope they didn't hear the beginning of the speech when I bragged about killing our enemies. Who wrote this damn speech?"

3 comments:

InfoChef said...

CLC has a new career ahead of her in comedy writing, don't you think?

Especially luv the last one!!!

codown2earth said...

Due to DVR issues, I missed watching the State of the Union recap on the Daily Show (my only planned viewing of the event)so CLC's recap is extremely helpful. Good reporting.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back CLC!! We have sorely needed your wit on the blog. This is the only recap I have seen of the speech, and really, the only one I need. I can't stand to watch that guy. Thanks for useful information and humor.