Thursday, January 26, 2006

is renaissance the new goth?

Last night Jeepboy & I went to the Unlimited Sunshine Tour featuring Cake (the band, not the dessert- infochef). A pretty mellow crowd- lots of 30-somethings/early-40s. An interesting observation: most of the 20-somethings that were there had a renaissance theme going on. What is that about?

The crowd did support the statistic that Colorado has the highest level of adult pot smokers. At some shows, folks used their cell phones in place of lighters during the encore. At the show last night, everyone had a lighter handy- imagine that. I think I might have a contact high just from putting my jeans from last night in the washer this morning.

Jeepboy ran into someone he used to work with at the ski resort and suffered through a long litany of all the ski bums who have now settled in the burbs with their 2.2 kids. (tick tock, tick tock)

I always thought camera phones were dumb but last night there were some pretty funny things I wish that I could have captured for the blog. Like all the 20-somethings in their feather hats and corsets.

PS. Eugene Mirman was the comedy host for the concert last night. He played the right wing long distance provider tapes that are available here. HILARIOUS yet very scary.
http://www.eugenemirman.com/showandtell.html

1 comment:

InfoChef said...

Okay, freaky calls on the Mirman site--I am just continually amazed at how so many people have such narrow ideas about the world!