Tuesday, February 7, 2006

I told you so.

Ok, so this blog is a bit late, and DenverHotPants hates to toot her own horn, but as she predicted, Hickenlooper will not run for governor. Which is good, because he could not win statewide and we have an excellent candidate in Ritter. Hopefully all the whiney liberal s will get over it and work to elect Ritter, because Gov. Beauprez is scary and Gov. Holtzman is downright frightening.

DHP also loves the fact that this is another defeat for the “Be The Change USA” crowd that disparaged lobbyists and legislators last week and went down in a ball of flames. Neener neener neener. http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/government/article/0,2777,DRMN_23906_4431494,00.html. As a side note, lobbyist already have a ton of reporting to do in Colorado. It takes a few hours monthly. DHP is however afraid to admit that she agrees with Rep. Schultheis on this one.

So that is the political week in review. Good thing it is only Tuesday.

9 comments:

codown2earth said...

For the record, this liberal always said there was too much good Hick can still do as Mayor to run in 2006. But I will assume you are not talking to me as I am not a whiney liberal. I am a sushi eating, latte drinking, volvo driving liberal.

InfoChef said...

Good lord, I hardly understand any of this process. I just cannot believe that this is how we make our laws in this country. Incredible.

Please, send me back to the days of oblivion to the political process.

Thank goodness I saw a friendly Crafter yesterday as I waited to testify on a bill; it was the highlight of my afternoon...see what fun I have as a contract employee?!

Now with my new, temporary hat, you won't know whether to lump me in with the Pols of Craft Day or the Innocent Citizens of Craftland.

ChristianLiberalChick said...

Thanks for the local politics update...I was hoping Ritter was worth the effort...the only thing scarier than Gov. Bo-pray is Prez. Rice!

- CLC

codown2earth said...

I have a help ticket opened with blogger but am getting no love. I hate when you get what you pay for! =)

codown2earth said...

Re: Prez Rice. I saw this on a bumper sticker @ Belmar Whole Foods last weekend. Jeepboy & I parked our liberal-mobile right beside them for entertainment.

shitsngrins said...

I must admit that I was disappointed that Hick is not in the Gov's race. I know that choice is not Ridder's big issue but all we need is another set of meatballs in charge of the house and senate to send him an abortion ban that he would sign.

codown2earth said...

From www.ritterforgovernor.com

"I strongly oppose any effort that would seek to criminalize women or their doctors over this issue. As governor, I would enforce existing laws, including Roe v. Wade. It's not part of my agenda to change these laws: Improving education, health care and our economy - which will be the top priorities for my administration - will do more to improve the lives of children and reduce the number of abortions in our country than a divisive focus on punishing the women who find themselves turning to it as a solution."

Because if you can't trust a campaign promise... hahaha! I crack myself up.

I would have to say that Salazar has been better than I hoped for so maybe there is hope. It is funny that DHP & I are having to coax shitsngrins to support a moderate. Very odd.

shitsngrins said...

If Ridder is the last candidate standing post primary, I am for him and I am for him 100% but he is far from my first choice. No doubt Beauprez and the NAZI Holtzman are very scary and must be defeated.

codown2earth said...

now which one wears the lime green suit with ?s.... ha ha ha. Leapin' Lizard, Batman! I crack myself up.