Friday, August 18, 2006

RANT- "Better" Traffic Lights

They are replacing the traffic lights on Federal which requires single lanes, traffic back up and impossible left turn scenarios. And I have to ask... What is wrong with the old traffic lights? I am sure that the new lights are "better" in some way. But unless they have magically disease-curing, crime-fighting superpowers, is the "better" worth the hassle? And considering that some of the "better" lights are really damn hard to see- well, Federal Drivers don't need any more excuses to ignore red lights. They are already On Notice.

And another thing.... The first 3 years I lived in this neighborhood, I saw maybe 2 people ever pulled over on Federal. In the last 6 months- JB & I have both seen more & more folks pulled over. And- let me be clear- it's not volvo-driving crackers that are pulled over. If you have any unpaid parking tickets, a brake light out, or even an olive complexion- I wouldn't display a Mexican flag when driving in my 'hood.

1 comment:

InfoChef said...

On the bright side (oh, I'm killing myself here ;-0), the new lights are LED lights. These light emitting diodes never burn out as do regular lights, and they use some incredibly low amount of energy.