Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The new jewel of Denver



So last night I got a sneak peak of the new Hamilton Building of the Denver Art Museum. I am so proud of this city. We are now world class! Not only is the outside fab, the art inside is some of the most inovative I have seen in a long time. I fell in love with the Logan exhibit of art from post iron curtain artists from Eastern Eurpoe and Asia. It is colorful and outside the box. It offically opens on October 7th and I strongly recomend a visit. For more info go to http://www.denverartmuseum.org/home

7 comments:

rebeckspe said...

I've been eagerly anticipating the opening of the new wing almost as much as the Sunflower Market on Wolff/38th (arriving April 2007, by the way).

codown2earth said...

April 2007! Sunflower Market needs to hire the build team at 4-bucks. They got that 44th & Federal Starbucks up in like 90 days. Any idea when the Vitamin Cottage is suppose to open in the old pool hall on 15th & Platte?

rebeckspe said...

The Vitamin Cottage website says November 2006! I didn't even know there was a new *$ (4-bucks) at 44th & Federal.... The important question, tho, is whether its a drive thru?

codown2earth said...

It is a drive-thru. (Just in time for the Federal-Speer-29th Ave construction project from HELL)

http://renegadecrafters.blogspot.com/2006/06/misc-opinions-observations.html

rebeckspe said...

Don't even get me started.

codown2earth said...

SNG- To balance the fact that rebeckspe & I took over your post with important neighborhood issues (grocery store development & access to coffee from your car)- I have added a little photo of the DAM model to your lovely post. Jeepboy & I are jazzed to see the new DAM- especially now with the endorsement of SNG!

rebeckspe said...

Update: went to the DAM Party on the Edge on Friday night. *Love* the expansion! Going back next weekend when the crowds dissipate for a closer look while wearing comfortable shoes.