Friday, July 20, 2007

Over it.

Thank goodness something blew up in Berthoud today so that the Harry Potter book going on sale at midnight was not the lead news story (again). Enough already with coverage of the Potter parties, desperate fans sleeping on sidewalks, Potter knowledge trivia games on the morning shows. Get a damned grip. It is a book. A children's book I might add. If it weren't going to all be over soon I'd put Harry Potter on notice.

UPDATE: Thanks to cd2e and John Stewart . . . Harry Potter and the Endless Buildup.

7 comments:

rebeckspe said...

While I hesitate to put this in writing, I'm also over Leslie Feist. I know she's the darling of the Indie Music Scene right now, but if I hear one more interview or see one more article on her, I'm-a gonna scream.

She's no Regina Spektor.

codown2earth said...

Daily Show's coverage was called Harry Potter and the Endless Buildup.

InfoChef said...

What?! You weren't in line at 11:59 to get your book?

More power to J.K. Rowling for having the idea in the first place; good rags to riches story...I don't watch the news or read the daily paper, so I have avoided the hype but I WILL be reading the book. A key character dies, you know?!

Anonymous said...

More evidence that John Stewart is an evil genius. And, alas, it was the lead NEWS story on channel 9 at 10:00. More evidence that I need to get a life.

ChristianLiberalChick said...

At least kids are reading; hell, at least people are reading.

codown2earth said...

The moment of zen on Daily Show was from Jesuscamp where they discussed that Harry Potter was going to hell.

One interesting note, studies show that Harry Potter fans only read HP. Unlike Judy Blume fans of days gone by.

Anonymous said...

Fanstastic. Adults are reading at a childs level and aren't moving past that. Nothing to celebrate here.