Friday, February 24, 2006

Random Reviews, etc

DVD/In Flight Movies I caught this week...
Elizabethtown- I saw this film 2 times in 24 hours- at home on Monday & then again Tuesday on the plane. As with all Cameron Crowe flicks, there is excellent music with the required Tom Petty track(s). Other highlights include Paula Deen as Aunt Dora. This is a good netflix/rental choice. Better than Jerry Maguire but not as good as Almost Famous.

In Her Shoes - A beach book made into a beach movie. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Walk the Line This was the in flight flick on the return flight home. There were much more singing numbers than I anticipated but lucky for me I had a fresh entertainment weekly to read all the oscar predictions during the boring bits.

TV (I am sooo over the Olympics! Bring back The Office already)...
After a week on the road, I am catching up on Daily Shows (I Heart DVR technology). Sarah Vowell was on earlier this week, check out her State of the Union from New York Times.

While as a rule I am also soooo over Reality TV, but I must admit that I am enjoying #1 Single. Lisa Loeb is just so damn likeable.

For the Foodies & Crafters with Foodie Kitchens...
How many of these items do you have in your kitchen? Martha's List of 20 Essentials (Ignoring Brand Names & substituting my 10 cup cusinart for her suggested 7 cup, I have 11 of the 20.)

6 comments:

InfoChef said...

14 out of 20...couldn't resist taking the quiz!

InfoChef said...

Yes, down with garlic peelers, and presses for that matter!

What do you want to bet these are paid product placements?!

codown2earth said...

I don't think Martha likes her hands to smell like garlic. Me- don't care so much.

shitsngrins said...

I basically have all and them some of the stuff on this list. Too bad I do not use them.

InfoChef said...

You think Martha still actually touches garlic?! Surely she has a 'girl' or 'boy' to do that for her.

codown2earth said...

The new post-incarceration, reusing rosie's daytime set, getting no love from the Donald Martha- You still think she has people who touch the garlic for her? times are tough. I think she could use that stress release to quote craftylolita.