Thursday, March 9, 2006

why do southern people own fur coats?

I hate traveling during ski season.
Sit in the back & there are lots of annoying families.
Sit in the front & there are lots of icky fur coats.

Putting the animal rights issue aside, why do southern people, residents of GA & FL, why do they own fur coats? do they wear them around town when the temp drops to 45 degrees? they aren't even functional on the ski slopes for their colorado vacations. WTF?

today i got upgraded and celebrated the "best" of both worlds. I sat by a woman who was wearing a thigh length sleeveless fur coat. (i guess that would be a fur vest?) and behind two young children. Their mother sat 3 rows ahead of them. I offered to switch seats with her so she could sit behind them & beside the fur vest- she said "no, i'm good."

Silver lining: the ski crowd that sits up front doesn't carryon luggage so at least i didn't have a problem finding a spot for my rollerboard. oh, and the kids sat in front of me, not behind me.

1 comment:

shitsngrins said...

That is an easy one: There are less of pesky PETA people in the South who could spatter your lovely fur coat with red paint.