Monday, April 24, 2006

One week with out cell phone and all is well

It has been one week since I relinquished by anceint cell phone and began life with just one (land) line in my name. It is not so bad. In fact I kind of like it. I do worry that I might bring car accidents or other calamidies upon myself ..the situations that you always think "I'll need a cell phone if that happens." Truely there are far fewer pay phones in our urban world than there used to be and so one cannot rely on finding a phone on a just any random street corner anymore for those emergency calls. Maybe I will end up in trouble without a cell phone sometime but for now I think I am doing okay without. It wasn't so long ago that InfoChef was without cell phone and I thought "How does she do it?". Just a couple weeks ago I was frustrated that a coworker did not have a cell phone and was thus unreachable. Now its my turn to be unreachable at times. Right now I am home with baby and not much going on so certainly this is the time to not have a cell phone. I think I might try out Tracfone or Cricket when it is time to get a cell phone again. I dispise the idea of a two year contract and $40 ($39.99 they say to make you feel better) bill each month. There are people using those pay as you go phones aren't there? Maybe I should go all out next time and get a blackberry phone whole shibang type of thing to manage my simpleton life. So many choices!

2 comments:

codown2earth said...

You mean the J-baby didn't come blue-tooth enabled? I thought children were now issued technology before they could be sent home from the hospital?

InfoChef said...

When the time comes: Liberty Wireless, says your thrifty friend InfoChef. Had you any doubt that I would find the most rock-bottom deal that fed all of my non-cell-phone Luddite tendencies??