Tuesday, May 16, 2006

IM 101

So, our techie friend writes,
"Here is the info on instant messanging (IM). If you have a hotmail account, you can use that to log into MSN. If you have an AOL account, you can use that to log into AIM.

I use the free version of trillian which is a 3rd party tool. I have both an MSN account & AIM account. You can create either right from Trillian.
Here is the link to download."

And then my question is:
Must you use hotmail or AOL to use MSN or AIM IM? Can you just use Trillian?

1 comment:

codown2earth said...

You could use MSN/Hotmail or AOL/AIM without Trillian. If you don't want to use Trillian, I would recommend MSN over AOL. AOL frightens me.

Bottom line, you are going to have to get a free account OTHER than Juno to have IM. (You could go Yahoo too but I figured two choices was enough to make you crazy.)

http://join.msn.com/messenger/overview