Sunday, July 23, 2006

Oh no you ditint.

DHP got some intel on the weird shadow campaign being run in Colorado springs in support of Colorado’s Domestic Partner initiative and referendum. The “Born Different” campaign features a dog named Norman that moos instead of barks. He’s “born different”. It seems that the folks behind the campaign are looking to change public opinion on homosexuality and have named the dog “Norman” as word-play for “normal”. As a side-note, DHP doesn’t need her mind changed. She is totally supportive of both Initiative I and the domestic partner constitutional amendment (yet to be given a number) and believes that being gay is not a choice.

What is disturbing is that Focus on the Family has launched an attack campaign on the stealth campaign that features a dog named “Sherman”. (Thank you HP03 for the heads up.) I’m assuming they know of the word-play on Norman which makes me wonder if Sherman is to imply “she-man”. If they are that quick and dirty, I hate them even more. Another addition to the dead-to-me list.

In totally unrelated news, it seems that Ariel Sharon’s health has taken a turn for the worse, begging the question . . . he’s still alive? Who knew?

1 comment:

codown2earth said...

Fuckus & SpongeDob might need a whole new category of list. Perhaps the Pure Evil List or Makes me want to Vomit List?

Speaking of "religious" organizations abusing members trust to spread hate....

I see that the Catholics are having a townhall on Immigration. What a perfect way to gather the fold... and while you have them, push the anti-choice crap.

CD2E lost power several times last night causing limited sleep & extreme morning grumpiness. I am adding xcel energy to the on notice list as a result. Wait, I think SNG has already put them on notice yesterday at craft day so I am just sending them straight to Dead to Us.