Thursday, August 24, 2006

the book -vs- the movie

Best Book (Animal Husbandry) that got really screwed up in the movie (Someone Like You). They messed it up so bad- they had to rename it. Those who know my friend Mich who wears rose colored glasses will appreciate that she liked the movie better... b/c of the "story book" ending they slapped on it. ICK!! BOOK IS SO MUCH BETTER.

Best Movie from an Good Book has got to be High Fidelity. So much to love...

"I'm telling you this for your own good, that's the worst fuckin' sweater I've ever seen, that's a Cosby sweater. A Cosssssssby sweater." - Jack Black as Barry

"If you *really* wanted to screw me up, you should've gotten to me earlier."- John Cusack as Rob

"Listen, Rob, would you have sex with me? Because I want to feel something else than this. It either that, or I go home and put my hand in the fire. Unless you want to stub cigarettes out on my arm." - Iben Hjejle as Laura

"
Barry's Customer: Hi, do you have the song "I Just Called To Say I Love You?" It's for my daughter's birthday. Barry: Yea we have it. Barry's Customer: Great, Great, can I have it? Barry: No, no, you can't. Barry's Customer: Why not? Barry: Well, it's sentimental tacky crap. Do we look like the kind of store that sells I Just Called to Say I Love You? Go to the mall."

No comments: