Saturday, February 24, 2007

Ginger-Lemongrass Martinis

Since one party-goer threaten to email me daily until I shared the Ginger-Lemongrass Martini recipe... Here is the Ginger Martini recipe (I will have to dig deeper for the Lemongrass one but since I didn't follow either one...) . I peeled and rough chopped a bunch of ginger (3 roots) and lemongrass (6 stalks) and then placed them in the food processor. Then I followed the process outlined above to make the syrup. (water, sugar, etc- but I didn't measure anything) I used a cone shaped coffee filter in a funnel to strain the pulp out of mixture. I left it over 30 minutes and let gravity do the work.

For the Scallop Sauce, I put the pulp from the coffee filter back in the pan, added some garlic, orange marmalade, Lime-Cilantro Soy Vinaigrette, and more water. I let that simmer for several hours - stirring occasionally.

JeepBoy & I want to thank everyone who joined us to celebrate his new decade.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi!
Everything about your hospitality was fantabulous - thank you for posting the recipes!
I forgot how much I love this blog.
It looks like I will be housebound today with work-related non-negotiable, due-early-Monday deliverables (BTW, who made the plate spinners? I have to know!) but I wanted to say how great it was to see you all on Friday, and how fortunate I feel to know such smart and hilarious women.

Your fan,
bakershortshorts : )

Unknown said...

P.S. bakerLONGshorts loved the leftovers and ate them all in one appreciative bite.

codown2earth said...

BSS- I don't think you would specifically know the Plate Spinner Artist. Although, perhaps we should circulate the actual award among the crafters to replace "pride" and "verbal praise" as the "completed craft award". I am a-ok to share.

InfoChef said...

That might be a disincentive to completing anything.

BTW, who is the honoree from February?