Thursday, May 17, 2007

On a lighter note....

This week the final Gilmore Girls aired on CW. (Repeats next week for the Tivo-less.) It was time but I will miss the pop culture banter, the quirky soundtrack and the guest stars ranging from Madeline Albright to Paul Anka.

To mark this milestone, here are a few Lorelai Quotes: //"Oh, you think I don't know that? You think I sit around all day swapping witticisms with Robert Benchley at the Algonquin?" // "It's going to be a bad, depressing Lifetime movie, and Nancy McKeon will be playing me." // "We're not gonna have this fight in a flowery bedroom with dentists singing Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves in the background. It's too David Lynch!" // "But he’s our Boo Radley, and we don’t have a Boo Radley, unless you count the troubadour or Pete the pizza guy or the guy who talks to mailboxes."//

7 comments:

InfoChef said...

You mean I missed it? I think I'm sad, and at the same time quite impressed that you knew who these referenced folks were.

I obviously am missing out on a whole other world....slowly, slowly, I'll be retreating into my dark vortex of nothingness.....

rebeckspe said...

Luke Danes. The original hot scruffy curmudgeon.

*sigh*

Anonymous said...

Oh, no, no, no. Aiden Shaw on Sex and the City is the OG hot scruffy curmudgeon. Played by John Corbett. He was actually the OGHSC on Northern Exposure, not playing on KBDI channel 12 for those of us without cable. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0179173/

Anonymous said...

Now playing, I meant Now Playing on KBDI for those of us without cable. Why is there no spell check on the comments?

ChristianLiberalChick said...

Wow - I've been a closet Gilmore Girls fan for years. I had no idea everyone watched it! I had the finale Tivo'd, but it's gone now....and I agree, Luke Danes is the original scruffy hot guy. He's 100x more manly than touchy feely Aiden. I was so glad when Carrie and Aiden broke up - he was part girl. Give me Luke!!!

codown2earth said...

I do love the Northern Exposure on PBS. (I don't know of any cable channel running it these days. I think Hallmark was for a while but replaced it with another hour of Highway to Heaven or Touched by an Angel.) Of course, watching Northern Exposure highlights how painfully Men in Trees is trying to be NE 2.0 and how they are not.

rebeckspe said...

While Chris on NE was scruffy-ish (and uberhot), he also read Tennyson out loud on his radio show and was hardly a cranky curmudgeon. Give me the rough and gruff of Luke Danes. Meow.

(I completely missed the Aidan season on SATC so will abstain from comment there.)