Sunday, December 9, 2007

No Scheduled Recordings

The DVR schedule is almost empty so I can't even imagine how bleak things are getting for the un-cabled. I read somewhere that COPS was a result of the last writers strike. Granted December is often filled with re-runs and Rudolph's nose so bright but knowing that things will be going downhill quickly in the new year makes it all the more bitter.

For out of bed /off the couch viewing...

Across The Universe is now playing at Neighborhood Flix. We saw this one earlier in the year out in Texlahoma (burbs). Beatles-lovin' JeepBoy & I give it two thumbs up. I didn't include a link to IMDB or Wikipedia on this movie because I think some of the magic would be lost if you knew too much of what to expect.

For those building up a Netflix/Library list...

Last weekend we watched Year of the Dog (from Red Box at our neighborhood Safeway) and I want someone to eat cheese with (IFC On Demand). Both movies have potential. Both movies disappointed. They both get one Fudge Striped Cookie a piece. Beware.

If you like Pushing Daisies (and if you don't- seriously? how are we friends?), you may like Wonderfalls. Less beautiful. As Quirky.

I am not sure if Iconoclasts is available on DVD or only on iTunes. This is really an interesting series that I think you would really enjoy. I think even non-Pop culture IC would know at least 1/2 of each pairing. This series is an example of why al carte cable sounds like a better idea than it would work out to be; If channels were sold stand alone I am certain that ESPN would be like 25 cents and have a billion viewers and the Sundance Channel viewers would have to pay 1k. I always remind myself of that when I have to skip over the pages and pages of Sport TV that we don't watch to check out IFC or Sundance or BBC America.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My netflix queue has been re-ordered and filled with tv shows in anticipation of the tv darkness. I just added Wonderfalls. Thanks for the suggestion.

rebeckspe said...

CD2E, you are not alone in your appreciation of Pushing Daisies. It received some Golden Globe nominations this morning.