Tuesday, September 25, 2007

This is Ward, Colorado

Ok, so today I played hookey for a half a day to go see the changing leaves. This is something I missed growing up in Los Angeles. I went to Boulder up Lefthand Canyon to Ward. Ward to Nederland. Nederland to Blackhawk. Blackhawk to Denver. It was gorgeous! Enjoy the photos. The first one is looking over Ward. The rest are on the peak to peak highway. This drive is best conducted while blaring Grace Potter and the Nocturnals with an open bag of SmartFood in your lap.

5 comments:

rebeckspe said...

While I love my new job, I'm very jealous at the flexible free time you have. Thanks for posting the pics - looks like a lovely time. Did you stop up in Ned to view the freaks? Are they still there?

codown2earth said...

Get out your calendars: Frozen Dead Guy festival will be held March 7-9, 2008.

Anonymous said...

The freaks have moved from Nederland to Ward. Ned now has a park and ride, so I've already started dreaming up how I could possibly set up a summer home there.

rebeckspe said...

Ward scares me. We are sooo at Frozen Dead Guy Days.

codown2earth said...

We went to Lyons and Estes Park today... with no planning (ah, the drive of procrastination!). There was much foilage to be seen. And Elk.