Thursday, September 27, 2007

TV Premiere Week- Part I


Chuck: I wanted more Nerd Herd, JB wanted more realistic Sci-Fi. We both enjoyed the comment that Chuck was working on a 5 year plan just needed to pick a Font. In summary, no need to clear space on the tivo or purchase extra VHS tapes. This one is not-recording worthy (NRW)

Reaper: It was the Kevin Smith directing that sucked us in. It has been described as Buffy without feminism. Again, JB wanted more realistic Sci-Fi and Retail behavior. NRW.

Amy Sedaris on Martha. HILARIOUS! Not that you would expect anything else.

At this point in the week, our DVR died and had to be exchanged. I blame all the Robot Chicken and Family Guy that JB had stored. The damn cable person suggested we were turning it off. Lucky for him, JB was there. I would have screamed. It also took 3 calls to technical support until we finally found the guy in India named "Joe" who likes baseball & apple pie and could turn on the replacement DVR/cable box just in time for us to catch the re-run of Daily Show. Albeit with commercials. Daily Show- RW.

Private Practice Grey's spinoff with Judging Amy. Can it live up to the hype? Not sure yet but I am willing to give it some space on the DVR. I will just have to delete more Robot Chicken. RW.

The dual-DVR will be earning it's keep tonight with Ugly Betty, Grey's, My Name is Earl, and the return of The Office.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My tv viewing has been sparce this week due to cooking and reading priorities, but I did record all of Thursday's shows on ABC (damned VCR won't dual record) and will watch "The Office" online. I also taped "The New Adventures of Old Christine" and can't wait to watch them all in bed this weekend. On my netflix this week: The West Wing, Season 2 Disk 1 (can't wait to see what comes of the shooting cliff-hanger from Season 1) and Knocked Up (movie). Looks like I have a full weekend.

Anonymous said...

PS. Love the new look of the blog (yea, I know I picked it out). Thanks for stretching it.